Buying a Lake Norman Home
Contact The Martin Real Estate Team 704.900.1619
The Martin Real Estate Team has Agents with over 40 years of combined experience selling in the Lake Norman Area. We are here to assist you through the Home Buying Experience.
Starting with the mortgage qualification and continuing through closing – making life long Clients.
Click on the “About Us” Page to learn more.
What do You want to Purchase?
… what are Your dreams?
· Lake Norman Area Real Estate – Area Single-Family Homes, Townhomes or Condos
Get Pre-approved for a Mortgage
This should be your first step in Home Buying. Why disappoint yourself by looking at Properties for Sale that you unfortunately cannot afford?
You can use our mortgage calculator to get an idea of the monthly payments you will occur.
We have many wonderful Local Lenders for you to work with. Feel free to shop your services to two or more Lenders at a time and see who you feel most comfortable working with.
Our recommendation is that you “Go Local” vs. using the Big Banks. The quality of service, communication, and personal attention to detail is far more enjoyable with our experiences.
Determine Your Price Range
After talking with a Lender or with a Bank, you should now know what price range you are qualified in and can afford.
Important Factors to consider: Taxes & HOA Dues
Determine Your Location (Town)
Lake Norman has many wonderful towns to choose from…Each offering something a little different than the other.
- North side of the lake along Hwy 150 would be the Towns of Sherrills Ford Waterfront Homes, Terrell Waterfront Homes & Troutman Waterfront Homes; including Mooresville.
- South side of the Lake between Hwy 16 and I77 would be the Town of Cornelius Waterfront Homes.
- East side of the lake along I77 would be the Town of Mooresville Waterfront Homes; including Cornelius.
- West side of the lake along Hwy 16 would be the Town of Denver Waterfront Homes.
Decide What Home Features or Local Amenities are important to you
Next thing to think about is “What do I want in my Home?” or “What do I want from my Community?”
Features to consider for your home are: Square Footage, Lot Size, Master Bedroom Location, How many Bedrooms, Parking (Garage size), Fireplace, Office, Bonus Room, Basement, Etc.
Amenties to consider for your home are: Community Pool, Golf Course, Club House, County Club, Lake Access, Boatslips…Schools, Close to shops & restaurants, community events, Etc.
Begin Viewing the Market
You can also do your own Lake Norman Home Search. From there we will set you up with your very own Personal Real Estate Website where you can view the homes that matter to you the most on your computer, smartphone or tablet in real-time.
Start Looking at Homes with one of Our Lake Norman Realtors
Once we have compiled your list of Real Estate that you want to see, The Martin Real Estate Team will be here to take you on your tour. Appointments will be made for you so that you can take your time to view each property, take notes and ask questions. Copies of each home Listing will be provided for you. Don’t forget your camera!!! Feel free to ask for a 2nd showing. We want you to select the home that is perfect for you.
Make an Offer on the Real Estate
When you’ve identified the Real Estate you want to buy, Lets work on putting together an offer!! Your agent will be familiar with market values and will help you arrive at a price that gives your offer the best chance of being accepted. We know how to negotiate. Our offer will be competitive with your best interest at heart. Be prepared to go back and forth on this process a couple times…but don’t get too emotional, it is the toughest part, but worth it once a negotiated price is accepted. **Ask your Agent about Closing Costs**
After Accepted Offer
Once your offer is accepted, you’ll be asked to submit an Earnest Money Deposit & a Due Diligence Fee – Your Agent will go over this process before submitting your offer.
Things to prepare for leading up to your Closing Date: (Your Agent will cover all of this with you)
- Working with your Lender for final Loan Approval
- Home Inspections – Prepare to negotiate on what you may or may not request to be fixed.
- Survey – Very important on all Single-Family Home purchases to make sure there are no encumbrances on the property.
- Septic Tank inspections – Most common with Waterfront Homes
- Radon Gas Testing – if applicable
- Termite and/or Soil Inspections
- Home Owners Insurance Policy
- Home Warranty Policy – If applicable
Congratulations on Being a New Home Owner!!!
Thank you for doing business with The Martin Real Estate Team!!! We hope you enjoyed all of our Services and will decide to use us again or recommend us to Family, Friends or Neighbors. Don’t forget, we also offer Listing Your Home services.